Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The film "Angus" and the death of Mazzy Star's David Roback-Cat theme-Kathy Bates


So today at work I was singing a song by "Bush" and the girl I work with said she had no idea who they were. I showed her a bunch of their songs and then she was like, "oh ok, I've heard some of these".  She then went on to tell me how she liked Green Day, and I mentioned how I liked old Green Day but not so much anything modern. I then started thinking about one of my favorite films "Angus" as the song "J.A.R." by Green Day is in the film...also his best friend talks about Green Day concert tickets at one point in the film...for some reason whenever I think of Green Day this movie always comes to my brain. 

So a few minutes later I got on my phone and went to Zach's blog. Of course I see he posted about David Roback from the band Mazzy Star. It's odd considering he died on 2/24 and Zach just posted about it today....but the reason it stands out so much is the band Mazzy Star is also important to the film "Angus". When he finally gets to dance with Melissa at the dance they play the song "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star. Also a band and song I have been a fan of since this movie. 

Mazzy Star=201(FB)

I also wonder about James Van Der Beek, as he's the other guy besides Jason Biggs who are the actors portraying Jay and Silent Bob. I hate to admit it, but I also used to love Dawson's Creek haha. Although it was something that the hot girls wanted to talk about too, so it was a win to watch it in that sense. 
Angus' best friend is also the Sherminator on American Pie. 


I also know this happened because there's something important to either Kathy Bates or just the CAT theme. 
Kathy plays Angus' mother in the film, in 2018 I was documenting about a CAT theme and she was part of it. 

I know she is important further as a few days the same co-worker bought some "Fried Green Tomato" chips. She let me try one and then we started talking about the film of the same name with Kathy Bates. I have never seen it, and she pulled it up on her phone and showed me the trailer. It doesn't look good to me at all lol...but I have heard of it before. 
Heather Lorenzen=231(Coworker). Her bday is 8/19 which is the 231st day of the year. 

1 comment:

  1. Mazzy = pearl in Israel
    The Mazzy Star is in the handle of the Big Dipper (Great Bear)
    Originally called the Lion's Liver
    Later renamed the Heart of Charles for Charles II

    ReplyDelete