Sunday, September 27, 2020

Sychronicities with Roses/Guns N Roses over the last few days.

 I've had a ton of stuff going on lately, but I just wanted to note a few synchronicities in regards to the Rose theme....

I was at band practice on Wednesday, because we lined up a gig on Friday for a 2 hour 90's set. Anyway, we didn't do any Alice in Chains or Pearl Jam and such, but a lot of other 90's stuff like The New Radicals and even Garth Brooks. I mentioned how most people probably think of Alice in Chains type stuff when they hear 90's, so we are gonna mess with their heads...I then went on to talk about how I've always liked Nirvana a lot better than those type of bands anyway...my friend Pat then went on to tell me how he would rather listen to Guns N Roses and compared Axl Roses voice to Alice in Chains stuff...I thought it was odd considering I don't think they sound that much alike....


So at the band gig on Friday, we did play "Smells Like Teen Spirit". When the song was over, some guy came up and said that it reminded him of Nirvana's feud with Guns N Roses....I don't see how that song would remind him of that, but regardless he randomly said it....it's just hilarious to me as the synchronicities never end...

There has been a ton of Rose things too...such as I was playing a game on my phone and a lady named "Rose" unlocked the bonus game for me....and the Rose lady at my Job came back yet again, but this time she made salad for the football kids...

We also talked about playing a "Bush" song, but my friend Pat said he didn't like them, because of their shitty lyrics...he then talked about a song where they say "Roses"...for the life of me I can't figure out what song that is....I want to hear it too, because I actually liked "Bush" a lot way back when, and I wanted to hear what song he is talking about lol. 


1 comment:

  1. A bit off topic but including Guns and Roses and Marilyn Manson, on September 28th the band AC/DC up dated their social media accounts with a picture of a neon Lightning bolt, the AC/DC symbol. Funny this was the day the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup too... Anyway there has been a lot of "lightning" popping up lately and it made me look up AC/DC again. The lead singer, Brian Johnson, is coming back after retiring in 2016 due to hearing issues. Axel Rose was the band's lead singer for the rest of that tour. Marilyn Manson has covered "Highway to Hell". Malcolm Young died November 18, 2017, the day before Charles died. Malcolm also died 27 days after his brother George who died October 22, 2017. George Young produced a band called Rose Tattoo. It seems like a web. Did you know there's a story of Charles Manson sending Marilyn Manson a cryptic postcard some day in August 2012? There's mention of Corona in it too, lol. Now I'm thinking of Usain Bolt who happened to test positive for "the corona" August 24th and has a baby girl named Olympia Lightning Bolt, lol. Anyway check out AC/DC's connections. Fun Fact: AC/DC played at the 2003 "SARS Stock" concert in Toronto, another fake virus, and I happened to be there, lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete