Wednesday, October 12, 2016

1908 Cubs World Series 108 and 48



I've been covering the number 48 a lot in regards to the Indians. I went back and looked at the 1908 WS which was the last time the Cubs won and there is a  bunch of 48. 

The Cubs Coach/player was Frank Chance. He died age 48. He was also born on 9/9 and led the Cubs to 99 regular season wins. 

Mordecai Brown was a hall of famer on that team. He died in the year 48'.  Notice he was also in a farm accident on the 108th day of the year as a boy. He also died age 71 and it's been 71 years since the Curse of the Billy Goat. 

Another Hall of famer for the Cubs Joe Tinker died in the year 48' as well. 

The other Cubs HOF was Johnny Evers. I don't see 48 around him but he is the guy responsible for the Cubs being able to make the World Series that year. 

He pointed and forced out Merkle on Merkles Boner. Notice they remade that game up on 10/8 in 1908 as well. Just more 108 around the Cubs. 

Detroit Tigers Hall of Famer Sam Crawford also born on 108th day. He died age 88. 
Curse of the Billy Goat=88
Nicknamed Wahoo Sam? Chief Wahoo? 

2 comments:

  1. You got a FB page like Zac ? Your page is to good not to get the info out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do but I haven't posted on it forever. I will start again though. https://www.facebook.com/Beartrap-The-Mindless-Freaks-142810555768828/ I was posting on my personal facbook page but I stopped adding people as it started getting trolled too much and I won't add anyone unless I personally know them on that one.

    ReplyDelete